Through the Localism Act, the government has given local communities powers to have a direct say in the future development of their neighbourhood, parish or town.

A Neighbourhood Plan is a planning document that guides and shapes development in the local area and is created by local people. Neighbourhood Plans are about local development issues, for example where new homes should go, what developments should look like and policies to help retain the characteristics of our Parish.

Fradley Neighbourhood Plan (

Planning Authorities use our Neighbourhood Plan in conjunction with the Local Plan and the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) to make planning decisions.

Lichfield District Council are the planning authority in our area, they are responsible for providing guidance and making decisions on Planning Applications. You can view information on the planning issues they are able to consider here: Comment on a planning application – What we can and can’t consider (

The Parish Council are invited by the Planning Authority to comment upon planning issues for any planning application within our Parish (or which may have a significant impact upon the Parish).

If a comment has been made by the Parish Council it can be found as a document under the Planning Application it relates to.

To make a comment on an application and for further information on planning matters please refer to Lichfield District Council Planning and building control (

Their Local Plan documents can be viewed here: Adopted local plan (

An online version of the NPPF can be viewed here: National Planning Policy Framework – Guidance – GOV.UK (

Staffordshire County Council - Planning Applications

Staffordshire County Council (SCC) are responsible for determining planning applications relating to minerals and waste development, and applications relating to their own developments (e.g. schools, highway developments and improvements) you can search their planning database here: Planning Application Search (

For further information regarding commenting on SCC applications visit: Commenting on an application – frequently asked questions - Staffordshire County Council 

Tree lined road